Thursday, August 25, 2011

Anticipation

Finally, you're here!
Excitement for this new year:
Anticipation!!

Anticipation,
You're later than usual
(I was wondering

if you'd ever come)
But yes, my heart is racing
with hope and promise

My mind is bubbling
with possibilities and
ideas, and the

butterflies are back,


banging inside my stomach
getting me ready

for that magic bell
when the new school year begins.
THIS MIGHT BE THE YEAR--

--the magical year!!
the year of community
the year of large leaps

--the pivotal year
when all Johnnys learn to read
and shy kids take risks

and we love learning
so much the hour just flies by
and in June, we weep

because, even more
than learning, we have learned
to love each other

Anticipation,
You make September joyous--
thanks for showing up


No comments:

Post a Comment