Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Friday, December 17, 2010
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
In literature, philosophy, history, and theology, we will examine the origins and significance of the crisis of vision in order to engage the mainstream culture from an understanding characterized by genuine sympathy and integrity.
Our leaders from the social and behavioral sciences and cultural studies will consider the roots of chaos and dysfunction in our families, cities, and culture, and will explore paradigms based on Christian themes that hold hope for the transformation of lives and culture.
Our colleagues in theatre, dance, music, visual art, and film will lead us in understanding the dimensions of the crisis of the loss of vision, and they will also help us palpably sense the power of transforming vision.
Finally, in worship throughout the Summer Institute, as well as through active prayer, we will own the crisis in our own lives that leads us to Christ, and celebrate the hope that springs from both acknowledging and appealing to the transcendent source of all goodness and beauty."
Oh, yes, I'm going. I am going to be around literate, thoughtful, dynamic, joyful, creative people from all over the world, from all Christian traditions, and I want to come back transformed and equipped and ready. I can't wait to meet more kindred spirits--I already met one this evening, dear Stanley Mattson.
I didn't know I was so thirsty until tonight.
Monday, November 29, 2010
10 Reasons Why I Can't Wait To Get Back To Work Tomorrow by J.
1. The students of B-11
2. The students of B-11
3. The students of B-11
4. The students of B-11
5. The students of B-11
6. I can't wait to see their African Masks!
7. I can't wait to give back the "Islamic Bound Books" project
8. I can't wait to start work on the African Griot Storytellers project ( 1 week away!!!)
9. I can't wait to see my homies K., C., ( hopefully she's better ) A., M., A., S., E., M., S., P., C., etc. etc.
10. I can't wait to holler out " Hey M.!" at 6:30 A.M. at you know who.......
10 Reasons Why I Can't Wait To Get Back To Work Tomorrow by Lola
1. I love 8th graders
2. My colleagues are as inspiring as they are good looking and humorous
3. My 6th grade advisory class: cuteness defined
4. What crazy thing will C.T. (period 1) say next?
5. Gonna launch Animal Farm--can't wait to hear their perspectives about power
6. When you're a teacher, you're famous--kids yell "HI TEACHER!!!" from miles away
7. I wanna see how much the kids remembered about the Constitution over break
8. The lunch ladies sell these really yummy cookies
9. Some kids turned in a bunch of makeup work and I get to tell them how improved their grades are now
10. S.'s hugs
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Friday, November 12, 2010
Poetic justice and a few heavy hearts this morning. I tell ya, middle school is many things, but "boring" isn't one of them.
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Friday, November 5, 2010
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Thursday, October 28, 2010
I have that "threw a party, people came and had a great time, now comes the clean up, where's my bed" happy/tired feeling.
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Saturday, October 23, 2010
Friday, October 15, 2010
She gave it her best.