Saturday, November 16, 2013

Profits, Supercookies, and Generosity

Yes, gimme dem.
I love me a good cookie.

I love me a BIG good cookie.

For years, our cafeteria sold "supercookies" for fifty cents. And then a few years ago,
apparently someone told the cafeteria people that the price of living had gone up, so they jacked up the supercookie price to .75.

Ouch! That's a 50% increase. I can't think of anything else that jumped that much in one year besides college tuition and One Direction tickets. But these cookies are good, and I love me a good cookie, so I forked it over.

This year they raised the price to a dollar. Now I didn't mind when the cookies, thanks to our former governator, had changed from white flour to whole wheat flour. They were still pretty good. But the cookies have shrunk from really big to just merely somewhat bigger than the average cookie, and paying 100% more for less was just too much for me this year.

Way back in September right before lunch, I shared my supercookie angst with Period 4.

This Thursday, B., a scruffy waif of a kid who struggles emotionally and (of course) academically walked up to me at the end of the period right as everyone was tearing off to lunch.

"Know how those supercookies are a dollar now? Well now you can have one," and he pulled out a crumpled dollar for me.

"Oh, B., this is the kindest most thoughtful gift! I have money, so hang on to your dollar, but I gotta hug you because your generosity just made my day!"

I love my job. More than cookies, most of the time.

2 comments:

  1. An allergy test can confirm or refute your suspicions.play bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only post content on your Facebook page that is relevant Play Bazaar satta king to the interests of your target audience. Don't let yourself get caught up in the social aspect and start posting everything you find interesting. Keeping your posts relevant will better engage your audience than having lots of pointless posts.

    ReplyDelete