Saturday, November 15, 2014

Chatty Cathy (and Charlie, and Christy, and...)

One of my classes this year has a majority of kids who just like to talk. They sing to themselves under their breath, even, when they aren't talking. There are so many that I am sometimes reduced to elementary school management techniques such as writing the word Q U I E T on the board and erasing letters as a threat to keep them after class right before (oh, I am the Lord's favorite to have the talkers this period) lunch

I am not proud of this.

I spent a whole week on interactive lessons wherein the kids were supposed to learn that many people thought our first constitution was too weak and our country was skidding toward chaos....

Me: "So there were two extremes our founders feared. Can you name them? One, two three--"

Class, tentatively and not in unison: "Dictatorship and anarchy..."

Me: "Nice. After what we learned all week, to which extreme does it look like the US was closer?"

Class, enthusiastically as one: "Dictatorship!"

Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  



My colleague who shares many of the same kiddos observed me and said this batch just likes to bellow out  just to be heard, no thinking. I must cling to that.

The other classes understood the lesson completely.

I am slightly mollified.
Nooooooooo!










4 comments:

  1. It's best to know ahead of time upon signing how the appeals process works- this is not something they will tell you about up front, so you will have to ask.satta king play bazaar

    ReplyDelete

  2. Once you have completed your bathing or showering duties for the day, it is time to dry off your skin gently using a light, patting motion with a soft towel. Using a vigorous, back and forth towel movement can permanently damage the healthy skin cells, as will using harsh, stiff fabrics. Play Bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have come across the right platform because I have checked your website and its services, I found it very useful and reliable, but I want to know if you provide a Sociology Dissertation Help service? because I need a sociology dissertation. So, please inform me as soon as possible. Otherwise, I have to look for others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. App Development in San Francisco is the epitome of excellence. Their cutting-edge solutions, combined with the city's tech prowess, result in remarkable apps that drive business growth and user engagement. Highly recommended!




    ReplyDelete