Thursday, February 18, 2010

poetry.

"Are we going to do poetry?" asked M., one of the seminar kids. Yep. Very soon. Next week, even.

That's one of the few units I feel confident about. I have the master teacher's poetry binder, and she has laid it out so beautifully. I nabbed notebooks so we can make our own poetry anthologies. I am thinking when we all write poems, we should print multiple copies so our classmates can add the original poems to their collections. We wrote Poe-inspired poems a while back, and some were amazing.

Our district is heavy on poetic forms. That's fine. Poetry always asserts itself.

I am scared of handling the (few) kids who might not get into poetry. I guess I'll just trust the power of the word and the passion of the poetry lovers. Oh, and of music lyrics...

No comments:

Post a Comment