Thursday, August 14, 2014

"Mommy! Mommy!"

Have a nightmare when you are little, and you wake up, run to your parents' bedroom and get some immediate comfort there. I had this year's first school dream--nightmare, really--last night, with no Mommy in sight. Glad the alarm went off, because while I was persevering in my dream, it was NO FUN. (Understatement.)

I'd been last-minute transferred to another site;

Of course no rosters;

Thrown into a classroom that wasn't kid-ready, or me-ready;

After the bell had rung.

Next door was a band room that kept the door open.

On the other side of my room was a huge room that kids could just slip into unnoticed because I had no rosters and didn't know who my kids were.

I was desperately obeying the First Rule of Middle School Teaching: "Stay calm." But there was no way I could obey The Second Rule of Middle School Teaching, "Be over prepared," because, well, last-minute transfer to a crazy room after the bell.

I suppose it could have been worse. I mean, at least I had my clothes on, right??





2 comments:

  1. Before cementing your plans to spend time in the great outdoors, check the forecast for your location. If the forecast includes high winds, it may be best to reschedule. play bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete

  2. Connect your Twitter account to your Facebook page. This will help you streamline your posts to both social media accounts. When you post on Twitter, your post is also posted simultaneously on your Facebook page as well. This saves you the time and effort of signing onto both sites to make one post. Play Bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete