Sunday, August 31, 2014

Don't get me wrong--

I get a little down in September and it's NOT because I don't love what I do.

It's because I love my summers. Long mornings, being fit once again, naps, BOOKS. I get down because all that disappears AND because I start all over again.

Come June, the kids and I have become a strange learning family. We have all kinds of shorthand and inside jokes. They know when I am joking around and when I am deadly serious. They can read my face and body language. They ask about my family and they bring me chocolate and cookies. And I can read them, as well.

Come September,  I am playing to a tough crowd. I crack all sorts of hiLARious jokes and they are scared to laugh--I'm serious--they will snigger into their hands because "what if this crazy teacher lady isn't trying to make us laugh and we get in trouble?" I forget how difficult it is to cleanly launch a class on a successful learning trajectory, how tough it is to teach them that we often enjoy our learning, but Fun is not the point--LEARNING is the point.

It's all good by October.  The cookies start coming, and they learn they can joke back and we laugh with abandon as long as we stay en pointe.

Here's to a new year with kids who catch on quickly!

3 comments:

  1. Instead of living under the control of your condition, why not take steps to ensure that you call the shots? Read this article for tips on dealing with your allergies in an effective way.
    play bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make regular posts on your Facebook page. Setting up a page, putting in multiple posts on the first day, and then ignoring the page for the next several months will do nothing to improve your business. Set up a schedule for posting that meets your business's purpose for the Facebook page, and stick to it. Play Bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Site is very nice, and it's very helping us this post is unique and interesting, thank you for sharing this awesome information. and visit our site also Sattaking

    ReplyDelete