Thursday, February 2, 2017

The blinds are in!

The blinds are in!!                                ANOTHER CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!
The dust is out!!                               
I see them and                                       FIRST A/C, and now BLINDS!!!!!!!!!!!
I start to shout!
I feel a need
Image result for classroom blindsTo clean the room
I grab the dustpan
Grab the broom

But no, the email's
Piling up
and meetings ever 
Fill my cup
Appointments
Taking all my time
And grading papers
It's a crime
That blinds so lovely
Show a space
with oh so much

That's out of place

I need a day 
I'll come tomorrow,
A Saturday
(a bit of sorrow)
then realize
that NO I can't
I have to sit 
and watch my aunt
while parents visit
far away
and so no cleaning
is that day

And every time
I think I can
Something pops up
oh man oh man
It's been two weeks
My blinds so new
I can't give them
their proper due

but even though
my room is not
what they deserve
I'm often caught
with dreamy eye
and happy smile
It's been so long, 
It's been a while
since something lovely
and pristine
no kid has marred
so new and clean
has been inside 
this bungalow
(constructed in
19-oh-fo')
and though my room 
does not deserve
the blinds I promise
to preserve
their loveliness
and someday soon
Ill get in here
and clean this room














4 comments:

  1. When shopping for health insurance, consider how important it is to you to keep your current doctors. play bazaar

    satta king play bazaar

    ReplyDelete

  2. Keeping the skin on your hands healthy is just as important as keeping your facial skin healthy. Having rough hands can actually cause an infection or fungus to grow. When doing chores or manual labor, wear rubber gloves. At nighttime, gently rub lotion all over your hands, even rubbing into the skin surrounding your nails. Remove any excess lotion. Play Bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to always stretch your muscles before beginning any weight lifting session with at least 10 minutes of light stretching and warm up. play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  4. This process works by targeting the facial muscles that are responsible for wrinkles to relax. satta king

    satta king

    ReplyDelete